Participating students, partners, organisations/companies agree to the following when taking part in the DCLivingLab:
- Results or proof of concepts realised within the DCLivingLab cannot be kept confidential. Partners in the DCLivingLab, participating companies/organisations (named “problem owners”) and participating students are each allowed to communicate in public on results of the DCLivingLab. Companies/organisations taking part as “problem owner” are allowed to freely exploit the results and obtain the property rights.
- Ideas that are being generated during brainstorm sessions in the DCLivingLab are the result of the dynamics of the group and/or by associative thinking techniques. They cannot be assigned to one individual person.
- Participating students agree that ideas can be used by the problem owners and that no financial compensation is owed by the problem owners.
- Participating students that already had ideas in mind that they do not wish to be used by the problem owners, are expected to not express these ideas during the DCLivingLab.
- Participating students and problem-owners agree that drawings, texts and any other material created during the DCLivingLab can be used by the problem owner without any financial compensation.
- Moral rights on drawings, texts or other material produced by participating students during the DCLivingLab remain reserved for them.