The third DCLivingLab took place in Antwerp, Belgium (24-28 Sept. 2018) during SuperNova, an international conference focusing on technology of the future. 45 participants from different nationalities and backgrounds took part in. They were divided in 10 teams that worked on 5 real life challenges, coached by people from Flanders DC, the University of Antwerp and Achilles Design.
“This has been one of most amazing experiences ever. At first, I didn’t know what I was going into, but I learned so much and I enjoyed every minute of it. I got to meet an amazing group of people from different countries and made unforgettable memories with them.”– Ricardo Oropeza, Oklahoma
Video of the DCLivingLab 2018
The 5 challenges addressed in the DCLivingLab 2018
- Team Lion and team Tiger worked on a challenge of BOS+: how can we design buildings that learn from nature.
- Team Dolphin and team Giraffe thought about how to revitalise business park C-Valley in Leuven.
- Team Icebear and team Kangaroo were challenged by Colruyt to think of new ways to make their clients become healthier.
- Team Crocodile and team Elephant worked on finding smarter solutions to store oxygen bottles in hospitals for Oxypoint
- Team Koala and team Zebra came up with new ways to optimise the production capacity of Van de Velde
“I got to improve my skills and learn new ones while exploring the beautiful city of Antwerp. The best part was working with people from different parts of the world whom I had never met before”– Nicole Vindel, Guatemala
Photo’s of the DCLivingLab 2018